Wednesday, June 27, 2007

June 27: Day 3

The Drama Queen is off this week, so this is not the official start. However, I have gotten to put a dent in some of the projects.
Got a couple more paint samples today and put them on the walls upstairs. Have to check with Hubby, but I think I've got the colors picked. Definitely need some white paint for the trim in both rooms. McDermott's will be happy with me!
Took DQ to Marshalls on Monday and got her a quilt and sham for her bed, and got The Boy new striped sheets for his bed (more grownup than Thomas, though he hasn't complained).
Went through about half of the mess in the dining room corner while DQ has been nappingthis afternoon, and threw out three bags full. I'm getting good at this. Have a small pile to go to FIL's, a stack of kids' paintings/drawings/schoolwork to be filed in whatever bin/box/giant envelope I find for that purpose, and found a couple things I had been seriously missing.
Tomorrow is raspberry jam making day (Costco has had the most wonderful looking raspberries, so the Dormouse and I will be doing that together (along with DQ, which should be interesting). Don't plan on getting much else done, so Friday will be back-to-McDermott's for all the paint and supplies (roller + pan, brushes, white oil for trim, colors for walls, a couple plastic tarps, some paint thinner/remover). Should probably also get paint for ceilings...

No comments: