Saturday, June 30, 2007

June 30: Some Success

Jam is made, and boy is it yummy. It didn't set up perfectly, but it tastes good.

Yesterday DQ and I went to McDermott's and bought the paint: hers, mine, and the white for the trim in both rooms. Also got the necessary tools (painter's tape, brushes, roller, etc) EXCEPT for the roller tray. How I got out without that I have no clue. I ended up using a disposable aluminum roasting pan, which worked reasonably well. Taped and did the cutting in painting yesterday during her nap, and finished with the roller work after the kids went to bed last night, then retaped and did the trim this morning. DQ now has a freshly painted room that looks pretty damned good if I do say so myself. Thank God for Benjamin Moore paint -- one coat does it. Goal #4 is part done! I think Hubby tossed out the cheapo plastic tarp covers I bought to protect the furniture, so I have to get a couple more before I do our bedroom.

Tomorrow is Harry Potter Marathon with the girls, so next stab at doing anything will have to be Monday.

No comments: