The curtains I got via ebay definitely needed cleaning, but they were cotton twill so I figured they would survive a soak. Three did, two didn't. Actually, the liners on two of the curtains didn't survive the soak, and I'm glad I didn't pay to send them to the cleaners because they would have disintegrated there and Lord knows what I would have gotten back. I salvaged the vast majority of the main curtain fabric, so I am reasonably certain I can make some kind of nice roman-type shade with the three that survived, and then possibly make some kind of shade topper-thingy for the three windows out of the two longer pieces that were not completely unscathed. Think I have to get Mom involved in this project-- she's going to want to kill me most likely.
Elizabeth was here Friday this week, and I had the house about 90% picked up. She did a much, much better job on the regular cleaning since the only room that was a minor disaster was the toy room. I have GOT to get Hubby to finish off the basement so we can have the toys and kid crap down there (and the laundry facilities not backwards). Definitely this winter. Maybe I can get FIL to come help him when business is slow...
Leaving Thurs for the Austin/Vegas trip, hope that all goes as planned.
No comments:
Post a Comment