It's officially the last evening of my summer. Tomorrow it's back to work and I'll be in Cuisinart mode for several weeks until the trainings, new crap and schedules calm down, so this is the end of the road for all attempts to clean and organize my house and my life.
So -- how'd I do? Well, I think pretty well overall, though the crap gnomes are hard at work and I don't have as clean a house as I had several weeks ago. The goals:
1: Clean out the cluttered spots in my house: computer desk, dining room, linen closet and dining room closet.
Three out of four ain't bad, as they say. Actually it's more like 3 1/2 out of four since I got about half done on the upstairs linen closet.
2: Clear out the basement so Hubby can have many fewer excuses to get a move on with finishing the basement.
Oh, it WAS cleared, I swear. Goddamn little crap gnomes have been hard at work down there. I think I will need a couple hours on a weekend morning to go hell-for-leather down there and polish things off.
3: Clean out the attic: give away the kids' old clothes, saving the special ones, organize the attic into specific storage areas (out-of-season clothes, holidays, kids' schoolwork/stuff, AC space, furniture etc)
Now here's the success story of the summer -- the ATTIC. The one place sane people never venture during the summer and I got that sumbitch CLEAN! It's likely still clean because nobody goes up there, but still ,it's done.
4: Paint the Drama Queen's bedroom and our bedroom (have colors picked, now just have to get the paint and tools and get it done)
Still at the halfway mark there. Have the paint, need the time and official OK to go ahead and get our room done. The way he reacts it will probably be next year before I get it done, unless I can convince him to go off with the fellas again to Florida for a weekend.
Curtains are still in pieces, have a plan but again no time to make that happen. Oh well. Haven't had curtains over the blinds for eight years, so I'm not getting all bent over that.
If I manage anything else or find some miraculous way of murdering the crap gnomes that keep leaving shit all over my house, I'll post again.
No comments:
Post a Comment