And I got a LOT done. The kitchen is completely painted (cabinets and all). The office is set up and painted, and it looks so much better. The first floor bathroom is painted (a self-concocted gray-blue-green that really has a nice beachy feel to it). I bought new cabinet hardware for the kitchen and for the bathroom, and it's almost completely in... still waiting for Rainman to drill holes in the last few cabinet doors for me. Yes I could do it, but better to let him take care of that. Lots of crap went out the door.
The garden looks great, and the tomatoes have really helped me keep my calorie counts down (lots of tomato salads with fresh herbs). The South Beach app is helping me track that.
We are refinancing the house because we are able to get the interest rate down to 3%, and we're adding a little to take care of the last of the miscellaneous credit card debts. If we keep paying the same amount we're used to now, we'll be taking a couple hundred off the principal every month and we'll be able to pay this off by the time we're 60. Hurray for that!
I bought a wet/dry vac for the basement. Should help when we get the gullywasher storms that have started becoming more frequent this summer.
DQ went to 2 weeks of gymnastics camp at the new Chelsea Piers facility in Stamford. She loved it, and I decided to spring for a family membership. The kids are now signed up for rock-climbing class and tumbling for cheerleading this fall, and I've been getting up at 5 to go either swim laps or get on the treadmill at the fitness center. It makes a big difference in my mood and how I feel, so hopefully that will translate into better year at work (the plan is to keep that up). Since The Boy doesn't have before school care or after school care for me to pay for, we can now afford the membership and activities fees.
I haven't tackled the attic like I wanted just yet. There's still some time, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment