Saturday, June 28, 2008

End of June, beginning of summer

I've had a grand total of one week off from work, during which time The Boy was in summer camp at the YWCA and Drama Queen was home with me. We had a playdate, went shopping, picked blueberries and raspberries next door, and went to the Bronx zoo.
Next week it's down to brass tacks since she'll be back at day care for July.
First up on the agenda is the de-cluttering, since Elizabeth will be coming to clean and if she doesn't have to tackle that she gets a lot more real cleaning done.
If I finish the decluttering on Monday then I'll start the basement on Tuesday. I have a feeling the decluttering will take Mon and Tues, though. De-cluttering will also involve throwing out/donating lots of toys that the kids have grown out of/destroyed, in hopes that there will be much less to move to the basement once Hubby gets that project more underway. He started digging out the wine cellar area (under the original porch, where the headroom is about 4.5 feet). He's hoping to have a walk-in wine cellar at some point. Obviously the other basement renovations are not going to happen until he's done excavating -- no point in ruining carpet or painting until that's done.

No comments: