Friday, July 11, 2008

Not moving as fast as last year....

I got the bills and papers sorted and filed, which was a major accomplishment, and I now have a plastic folder with 12 tabs in it labeled with the months of the year so I can file the bills and such as I go now rather than waiting until there a tottering pile on the desk that needs to be filed in the basement corner. I'm feeling more organized there.
I got the dining room area mostly cleared out, but I have a pile of old framed pictures and I have no idea what to do with them yet, so they are still sitting there.
I bought big art-portfolio kind of folders to keep all of the kids' schoolwork/artwork etc in, and so that stuff (what I kept) is now organized and tucked away in their closets.
I went through the clothes in the downstairs closets and in my closet and got rid of two giant garbage bags full of clothes (donated).
I did a little work on the attic so it is slightly clearer and better organized.
I also cleaned out the freezer in the kitchen -- need to add the basement freezer to my to-do list.
Now-- I still need to clear the desk area and clean the basement. I am thinking I will save the basement for Monday as the garbage men come Tues so there will be only the one evening of overflowing garbage bins outside.
This year doesn't feel as accomplished as last year, but I am still getting a good bit done.

No comments: