Monday, July 14, 2008

basement ick factor

The ick factor downstairs went up considerably this morning with a minor flood from the early morning downpour. Hubby was supposed to take down the giant plastic sheets hanging from the ceiling which contained most of the dust from his excavations, but he forgot, so there was a nice bit of mud over there. I'm not tackling that until it's dried up. Three giant garbage bags and three smaller bags of clothes to donate later, I got out the shopvac and made an enormous dent in the dust and filth on the floor. The shopvac doesn't have the hose extender piece, nor does it have the rectangular floor attachment, so I was stooped over using the small round attachment for about 45 minutes. Not exactly the easiest way to get the job done! The pool table is significantly less cluttered, and the floor is phenomenally cleaner. It still feels dusty and dirty down there though, and I think that will continue until we get the walls sheetrocked/paneled and the floor tiled with something. Maybe rubber tiles given the recent influx of water when it rains hard. I noticed the paint on the rock walls is peeling off and dropping onto the floor, and the rock walls themselves create a good bit of dust/dirt. Looks like we will need some kind of moisture barrier between the sheetrock and the rock walls.
It's our anniversary so I am going to quit while I am ahead and plan for the evening.

No comments: