Saturday, June 20, 2009

Making the 09 List....

Once again, it's Attic and Basement time. Other things to do include cleaning out kids' closets and redecorating the Boy's room. He wants paint and new curtains, so I'm thinking end of July when camp ends so he can participate in all that.

Dining Room closet and cabinets: Vicious throwing out is going to happen. ASAP. One-day job if you include the living room closet...

Attic: is completely shot to hell once again. ALL of the outgrown extra clothes are going, except for the "keepers" that I'm saving for posterity. Any of my old clothes that are up there are definitely going. That gets done first, unless we have a massive unexpected heat wave. Going upstairs from the basement will be the gift wrap supplies, which are going to live in the dining room closet on the top shelf, unless I find a better home for them up in the attic. This looks to be about 2-3 days, depending on the weather.

Basement: Everything there is either going to find a new home in the attic or the garbage. Left will be the pool table, old desk and chair, file cabinet and Grandma's cupboard. The falling apart bookshelf is getting chucked, along with most of the crap in its corner. Most of the crap in the other corner is going up to the attic or in the garbage. If I haven't used it or seen it in the last 2 years, it's GONE. Goal: a clean basement ready for more remodeling, nudgenudgenudge Steve.
Probably more like 4 days here, given the amount of crap that has to be gone through.

The basement and kitchen freezers also need a good cleanout, as does the top of the fridge and the kitchen cabinets. That's a solid one-day job there.

I'm debating getting a dumpster for a day. If I do, I'm calling around to see who wants to make money helping me chuck shit in the dumpster.

Kids' clothes and outgrown toys will need to be donated -- maybe the Salvation Army truck will make a stop.

Kids' closets -- have to go through and put the "save" items for the year into the big envelope folders, and then chuck the rest. Autographed and favorite books stay, others go in the donation pile -- have to contact Byram library to see what the Friends group wants. Sadie's closet needs more reorganizing than Jake's does. One day each, plus another day if I get adventurous with the hall closet.

Jake's room: need to buy a mattress and box spring set for Sadie, and move her plain mattress back to the top bunk of the bunk bed so Jake can have sleepovers. He needs new curtains. Granny's got both quilts finished for his bunk beds, and he could use one more plain comforter for the top. Have to determine what kind of paint he would like, and what will look good.

Living room/dining room: Need to buy at least 3 decent floor lamps. I hate the ones we have because the light from them is so harsh. I want lamps with shades.

No comments: