1. Clean out the outgrown toys in the attic and donate or pitch them.
2. Clean out the toys in the computer room, and get as much as possible moved to the basement. This is going to involve some kind of shelving option, though...
3. Clean out the dining room closet and the computer room closet, and reorganize.
- gifts and storable stuff need to move to the computer room
- coats and hangable things need to move to the dining room closet
- sewing machine and sewing stuff go to the basement
- donate unused/outgrown items, or put "save" items in boxes in the attic
5. Get into the habit of WiiFit every morning
So far, item #1 is complete, down to the four garbage bags that went out, and the truckload that went to the Vets Household Drive in Pleasantville. I felt great about getting rid of all that stuff that we weren't using, and I think it was good to talk with the kids about how other kids who don't have many toys would be able to have theirs.
#2 and #3 are on tap for when the kids go back to camp next week. Again, I am very much looking forward to getting rid of stuff and having a cleaner, less cluttered house. I think it's therapeutic...
#4 and #5 have just begun. I have stuck to almost all stage 1 foods, and the sugar cravings were pretty bad the first 2 days. It's getting better, though. WiiFit starts tomorrow, after weeding and swimming later today. I'd like to get it going so that I can make a habit of doing it every morning before work. I don't think this 20 pounds is going anywhere unless I manage that.
No comments:
Post a Comment