Rainman has always been in charge of the garden, but I've stolen that this year. Last weekend the Drama Queen and I spent about two hours at the Home Depot, getting everything we needed to tackle the vegetable garden and get flowers planted. I cleaned out about 4/5 of the garden, put down landscaping fabric, and planted regular and heirloom tomatoes, three colors of sweet peppers, basil and oregano. We planted seeds for peas and beets and baby-leaf spinach, as well as zinnias and sweet peas. They are coming up nicely in the seed-starter box. Rainman cleaned out the last bit of the garden and threw in some spindly looking corn he wanted to try and his usual hot peppers. We planted the pink and purple and yellow flowers DQ picked out, replaced the dead rhododendron in the front, and Miracle-Gro'd everything.
Watering every day has been therapeutic. Hopefully the landscape fabric will be the magical cure to weed frustration and hopefully lead to more veggies from the garden.
Also cleaned off the cement driveway/patio area between the back door, garage and garden/yard. I'd like to convince Rainman to buy a better table and chair set for out there as what we have now is a sad mishmash of pieces, none of which match anything.
We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment