Sunday, July 3, 2011

July: Now We Get Started...

The grands went home to Tulsa yesterday morning (driving to the airport at 5:15 am was lovely), and we had the town fireworks last night (got home with the kids at 11:30pm) so I think July 2 officially qualifies as our longest day of the year. Screw the sun and all of that astronomical nonsense!
While they were here, Mom and I went and got 6 new chairs to go with the table we already have for outside, and found a nice outdoor seating set. Ordered that online to get the free delivery and CT tax (at the end of June it was lower than the NY tax, but as of July 1, I think it's all comparable).
The seating set should be here this week at some point, I hope.
Got the rest of the seedlings planted. I think we ended up with a couple of pea vines, four beet seedlings, and a bunch of healthy looking zinnias. Flowers went out front around the dogwood and in the bare spot by the grill, and the vegetables went in the garden. We'll see if any of that actually works!
Drama Queen's room is officially cleaned out, though there is still a pile of "saved" school work and artwork that needs to find a home. We'll go get the big expandable art folders this week.
The Boy's room is next for mass cleanout, and I have to go through my own clothes upstairs for giveaway and toss piles. Might turn some of them into soft rag ties for the tomato plants...
The Boy is hellbent on earning money this summer, so I have given him a list of chores and projects for which he can get paid. Hopefully that means I get plenty of extra help painting the bathroom when we get a decent (not roast-o-matic or rainy damp) day for it.
Raining today, hoping to start c25k and some South Beach tomorrow...

No comments: